Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New and Broken Hearts

I just got the news today. It was really hard to take. It all started on Friday. My nephew's wife was having problems with her pregnancy, and on Friday she was sent to the hospital. On Saturday morning she had an emergency C-Section. Her little boy was extreme preemie, 3 lbs 2 oz. He and his mother are doing as well. Then on Sunday evening, my brother... my nephew's Dad... the new Grandpa... had a massive heart attack. He had some stents put in and is recovering. I talked to my brother on Saturday, he was so proud of his new grandson. Then I get an email from his wife today, telling me about the heart attack. I don't know what I would do if I lost him. Let me tell you a little about my family. In the last six years, I have lost all three of my uncles (my aunts passed a few years before), the last of my grandparents, my mother and my other brother. That leaves me with one brother and my Dad. Now my Dad is a not really with us because of the advanced state of his Old Timers disease. So... when I read the email I just started crying. Silly me.
I know I will see all my family again, so I am more lonely than sad about their parting. I just don't want to be left all alone here on this big chunk of dirt! *folds arms and stomps foot* I am so glad that I have a loving and supportive husband and the world's best kiddobeans!

2 comments:

Mrs.Flabby and Unfabulous said...

Im so sorry. I wish I could help in some way. Just remember you have us too. We love you.
H

Didi said...

Sorry to hear that Doodlebird. I hope your brother heals quickly and lives a long life! We can't have you lonely or sad; that might fade your bright light which shines in so many lives. Many hugs!