Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What color is yellow?

So, what color is yellow? A topic I have been pondering for several days now. It all started with Cub Scouts. You see, I have a dear friend who is also a doodler. Although when she doodles it turns out to be a beautiful work of art, when I doodle is turns out to be... well... a doodle. Well my friend, I will call her Doodlebear, is also a Cubmaster. Her and I and several other people were in a committee meeting discussing the upcoming Blue and Gold Banquet. When I was volunteered to get the cake. I don't really know how that happened, I thought for sure my hand was tucked safely in my pocket. But it must have a sensing devise built in that will automatically raise when someone asks for volunteers. I need to look into that, maybe there is an enable switch. Anywho, back to the meeting. I asked a simple question, "What colors should we make the cake?" You could hear the crickets chirping.... they were all looking at each other wondering who was going to say "Duh, Blue and Gold" I looked at Doodlebear and she was grinning and asked "Are we thinking Crayola or Prismacolor?" Every since that meeting we have emailed back and forth what we thought the color yellow should be. What we came up with is this... if we are talking about Crayolas, then it would be Dandelion. Yellow in the Prismacolor spectrum would be Canary Yellow. Now all we have to do is figure out what color blue should be...

1 comment:

Didi said...

Yeah! I have a nick-name! :) that would be a cobalt blue doodlebear if you were to color me. I'm also known as the cobalt lizard on some things - like my other secret email. :P
I think canary yellow might still be too light, how about sunburst?
Oh, and it would definately be a royal blue for the cake, but in terms of prismacolor- would that be indigo, copenhagen, or ultramarine?