Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer's End

It is almost the end of summer vacation. Just because my kids have graduated and are out of the house doesn't mean I can't have a summer vacation! I have spent the majority of the summer on the beach sipping lemonade and getting foot massages from my cabana boy, Ricardo. Some dream, huh?
Back to reality. I have had a busy summer, but it has been fun! Here are some of the highlights:

1. Ice Cream Brick! Now that was funny. My hubby and I went up to girl's camp. We wanted to treat them to some ice cream. Did you know that if you put a slab of dry ice on top and the bottom of an ice cream bucket it will freeze it solid? We almost broke our scoop. And of course, the Stake President was there, we will never live it down.
2. Avatar at 1am. Here I am lying on a bunk bed at 1 am listening to 5 girls talk about bending, and I don't think they were talking about exercising. It was Youth Conference. I still am completely clueless about the subject.
3. Monkey poo, wizards and spies. Three Fun Fridays with the Cub Scouts. The First Friday we went to the zoo for Starry Safari. We were able to go into the monkey enclosure, and as the monkeys ran across the trees overhead, we were warned to watch out for falling monkey poo. The next Friday, was my Friday, and of course we did a Harry Potter theme, complete with wizard hats, wands and potions. And the last Friday was "When I grow up". For my time, we were spies. It wasn't easy, every once in awhile we had to hide under the tables or lay flat on the floor to avoid being captured by the bad guys. Too bad we didn't have our Invisibility Cloaks from the week before.
4. I do. A new friend moved into our ward and I was honored to be able to help plan her wedding.

With all of that, as well as cows, visits, meetings, and getting sick at the planetarium, my summer has been well packed with activities. So what next?
Next week starts up with regular Cub Scout den meetings, and teaching art to my genius minions.
Good bye Ricardo, I will see you next summer!

2 comments:

Didi said...

Boy I've missed you and your humor lately Doodlebird. And by the way, were you the one hiding behind the zebra umbrella on the beach with that cute cabana boy? I was pretty sure it was you, but I had to make sure my cabana boy got me the strawberry smoothie instead of the banana one and so got distracted and wasn't able to go see if it was you. :)

Puff Pinky said...

LOL! The Avatar conversation was hilarous, as was the ice cream thing. WE NEED TO DO IT AGAIN! <3